June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8

I still cannot sync from the Browser, and i get this pic
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 13.02.37

1 Like

Sync is definitely not working for me at all. I really hope you fix this problem ASAP :frowning:

I didnā€™t realise that I had to download a new desk app in order to complete the update, because it says the update is downloading in the background, so I had kept working in the old one until today, while it is showing ā€œsynced 3 days agoā€. I checked this blog today, then got onto the website and got the new app, and found that my past 3-day work didnā€™t sync onto the website and into the new app. So what should I do with my past 3-day work, and which app should I keep working on? If I use the new app, will it cover my past 3-day work so I cannot sync anymore? Please help.

I didnā€™t realise that I had to download a new desk app in order to complete the update

It is not supposed to be like this. We had to do this because they messed up on the backend.

got onto the website and got the new app, and found that my past 3-day work didnā€™t sync onto the website and into the new appā€¦ which app should I keep working on?

Are you saying your desktop App, after reinstalled to 1.8, does not have your past 3-day work? :scream:
Can you see your past 3-day work anywhere?

Do you mean for most of us, we just need to wait for the automatic update on the desktop app?

No, my past 3-day work can neither be found on the site, nor on the 1.8 (new) version of desktop app, although both of them show they have completed the sync.

Currently, there are two Remnote apps existing on my desktop. My past 3-days work can be found on the old one, which stopped sync, and keeps showing ā€˜synced 3 days agoā€™.

Now, I donā€™t know what should I do. I dare not edit the notes on the old desktop app, because I am afraid it wonā€™t sync; and dare not edit notes on the new one, because I am afraid new actions will cover my past 3-day work, once it starts to sync, and I cannot access to Internet all the time, so edit on site is not a good choice for me.

This update is deadly to meā€¦ waiting the team find a solution ASAP, my deadline is on my faceā€¦.

Currently, there are two Remnote apps existing on my desktop. My past 3-days work can be found on the old one, which stopped sync, and keeps showing ā€˜synced 3 days agoā€™.

If your work can be found on the old version, your data are stored locally and itā€™s not hopeless. I think you can keep working within the old version, ignore the new version and the site for now. Confirm this with the RemNote team because itā€™s my personal experience. Do a full knowledge base backup periodically to make sure all data are local.

When the issue is fixed, your old version should auto-update to new version. And you can delete the other new version.

Alternatively you might want to try this out: Do a Full raw backup in the old version. Create Local Only knowledge base in the latest version. Import the full back up from the old version. If everything is ok, delete the old version. If it goes well you can work in a local only knowledge base in the latest version, with all your data. When the sync issue is fixed, export everything back to the sync account.

This update is deadly to meā€¦ waiting the team find a solution ASAP, my deadline is on my faceā€¦.

Iā€™m sorry to hear that, many users are experiencing the same situation.

Do you mean for most of us, we just need to wait for the automatic update on the desktop app?

I just meant automatic update to new version is what should have happened had there been no issue. Whether it went smoothly like that for most users, I donā€™t know, probably not considering what I have read around here. I had to install the new version manually.

At first I just installed the new version without touching the existing version. It did not result in two versions of the desktop app like your case, just one version, the 1.8.
After that, out of curiosity, I uninstalled the desktop app, keeping the folder with my knowledge bases and main account. Reinstalled the app to 1.8 to check if thereā€™s anything different.
End result is, after logging in, the 1.8 version did not sync either but I could access all of my work after some glitches, described here June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8 - #74 by RemNoteUserName

Note that all of my work are in Local Only knowledge bases.
Right now my desktop app has auto-updated to 1.8.5 and the main account still canā€™t sync.

1 Like

Could you try using the web app? Downloading manually from remnote.com/download might work for you too.

Hey, thanks for the kind words and the support. Could you try again and see if the download is working for you at remnote.com/download

1 Like

Hey, could you try this:

1. Take a backup of your old desktop app
  2. Import that into the web-app at remnote.com as a new synced KB
  3. This should sync to your new desktop app as soon as sync is working for you

(Also if you have already opened a support token, please get back to us there)

1 Like

Thank you! It works. Now I am fully synced. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience and actions. The old one is still not synced today, but I tried what Karthikk suggested Export-Import, and it works.

So I exported a Full Raw Backup from my local old app, and imported it into the web-app. Now my work is completely synced both on the site and the new version (1.8) desktop app, then I just uninstalled the old desktop app, and now it seems that everything goes back to normal. Hope this could be helpful to others who meet similar problems to mine. But do hope we donā€™t need to go through this again for the next updateā€¦ :disappointed:

2 Likes

For me the state of the flashcard queue still does not sync between the web and the desktop (version 1.8.6).

Still having issues.

Mac desktop app auto-updated.
The appearance of sentences changes each time the cursor hovers over it which is irritating.

The new version (new.remnote.com) appears to be down for me, when I load the webpage it just says missing event. My desktop app is no longer syncing as well (currently using 1.8.6).

Edit: Actually, they are both syncing now and I can access new.remnote.com again, please ignore this.

Hi, i am from Vietnam. I already updated new version but i have a big problem with it. I can not type Vietnamese properly, on both chrome and computer app. The spaces are jumping around every time i type Vietnamese. I dont have this issue with older version. Pls help me!!!

Gosh, I encountered a serious problem after I imported the backup. Now, everything in my Remnote is duplicated, and I didnā€™t realise this until todayā€¦so I have kept editing the rems these two days, but I might edit a few in duplicate A and a few in duplicate Bā€¦ this update is really killing me.

That sounds like a big hassle. Did you try merge the duplicated rems? After merge, all changes to A and B should be contained under the same title.

Thank you for replying.

Yes, the real hassle is that I found the action of merge could not undo (I tried ctrl+z, donā€™t know if there is any other way). After merged some of the documents, I found I lost some notes that I edited these days, so now I dare not merge the rest of the documents, and donā€™t know how to recover my lost notesā€¦

1 Like

Hi. Can anyone help me determine what steps I need to take to gain access to my Remnote as I continue to get the notification about needing to refresh and a database error occured in my browser etcā€¦

Each time I refresh, it loops right back to this same alert.

Much Thanks

Easy go to logseqā€¦ Remnote Died