Link to rem via rem link

When I select some text and <click Link or press Cmd+Opt+K>, I want to be able to paste the Rem Reference I have copied to my clipboard and have it link to the exact Rem I copied a reference to. Currently, pasting the Rem Reference seems to paste the content of the Rem, which -
a) can collide with other Rems
b) doesn’t work for image-only Rems.

Alternatively, a “Copy Link to this Rem” command on all Rems could work too - similar to the existing “copy reference/tag/portal to this rem” commands.

You may select over any content before pasting in the reference and it will be pasted to the selected content as a link rather than inserted with its original content. In other words, it’s the same id for references and links, all that matters is what you paste it over. See

Do reply if that covers your intended usage so this topic may be closed.

1 Like

Thanks, that works! To clarify, on the target rem I “/copy rem as reference”. Then on the source rem, I select some text, and hit Cmd/Ctrl+V. That links that text to the target rem.

I have to say it is weird that while my clipboard has a Rem Reference ID in it (of the form https://www.remnote.io/w/:id), when I paste it into the Link (Cmd+Opt+K) text box (screenshot below) whose placeholder is “Paste web URL or search a Rem”, pasting the Rem ID from my clipboard magically pastes the content of the Rem. I hope this can be improved to “Paste a web URL or Rem Reference ID or search a Rem”.

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Yup, my bad on the terminology - meant select, wrote hover.