Need for Image editor for simple annotations on diagrams

I would like to request a feature to edit images for annotations, for example tools like a few markers, an eraser, a highlighter. Because sometimes if some diagram is pasted and adding some other information is necessary, you have to open some other app to annotate the image and and then upload it to RemNote

This is a good idea actually! Already there is an option to generate occlusion cards, there could be a button next to it that says “Annotate image”. It can be really helpful too.

5 Likes

Agree.

Also. some sort of general purpose drawing feature would be very useful (for non-text notes), even if very limited.

Even better if we could apply links (references etc) to areas of these images.

2 Likes

Related:

5 Likes

Totally agree!!
If you study medicine, or anything else, and have a picture in which you generate occlusion cards, and if there is something missing in the picture you would be able to add that and then generate a new card.

What I am requesting is to be able to draw and add text boxes on pictures! Anki has this feature which is really useful.

3 Likes

We can create image clozes which is brilliant. But if you have used anki enhanced image cloze plugin. we cud q variety of stuff in it like adding text. Lines. Shapes. Or even annotate or draw with mouse.

This is useful to add certain mnemonics in images containing a table or a list.

If you study medicine, or anything else, and have a picture in which you generate occlusion cards, and if there is something missing in the picture you would be able to add that and then generate a new card.

For example, if you have a great picture of the heart with names of the different parts where there are lines drawn to the parts AND there is one important part that is missing in that picture… you could add a text box then draw a line to the part. Then you can generate an occlusion card even on the one you added yourself.

What I am requesting is to be able to draw and add text boxes on pictures! Anki has this feature which is really useful.

1 Like

It would be useful if I could annotate the images that I put in as rem. Maybe the same way that I can occlude part of an image I could also highlight it.
It would be almost like an image editor. But I think adding a note to a part of an image could be important, especially if only certain parts of the image are useful.

I really like how ShareX does annotations. I can take a quick screen shot, then add in arrows, “fuzz out” an area, add text, etc., then proceed to paste it. Would be wonderful if RemNote had something like that built in (though with ShareX + RemNote I feel like I’m covered for now, so it isn’t as urgent as other things I’d like in RemNote).

2 Likes

I agree, the ability to annotate image occlusion cards could be very helpful

It would be great to have the possibility to modify images adding text/lines etc… other than just occlusions

2 Likes

yeah, that would be great to add notes explaining specific parts of the image