New RemNote Dark Theme by eustachio

I have started using the version 1.4.0-beta. The theme does not work properly, I will be updating the theme in the next week :crossed_fingers:.

The new app is nicer and faster :ok_hand:

Cheers,
Eustachio

14 Likes

Thank you, Eustachio! I know that for you this will be incredibly fast. Please, when you have time, try to release the black version of your theme. Dark is very good, but black (for me) is perfect!

2 Likes

thank you so much, iā€™ve used your theme for months now on the (now) outdated version of remnote. i have one request, can you please make it easier to change the colors of the tree lines (and ā€˜branchesā€™) to a custom hex #? itā€™s very hard to find the multiple places its listed amongst the code. i prefer a neon green to the presets of blue or purple. love your theme, the branches are the best part. thanks so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi All,
This is a quick update.
I am working full time on theme now, it is taking me a bit longer as I have decided to unify the light theme and the dark theme in one theme, so it will both work when toggling on/off the Dark Mode on RemNote interface settings.
Cheers,
Eustachio

19 Likes

Thatā€™s just amazing, Eustachio! You make RemNote an infinitely more enjoyable tool to use! God bless you, my brother.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,
The theme has been updated :rocket:.

• Version 2.0 - Released date: 07 November 2021
    - Updated to work with new RemNote App v.1.4
    - Redesigned portals
    - New darker theme option
    - Light theme (coming soon)
    - PDF and Image occlusion (coming soon)
    - Mobile version (coming soon)
    - Branches work but they are not perfect yet.
    - Css files are now hosted on Github, so it will be easier for future updates.

A darker version of the theme.

I hope you like it, please let me know if any bugs.

Cheers,
Eustachio

8 Likes

Thank for your workā€¦ Your theme is prettyā€¦

1 Like

Thanks alot! Have been wating for your work, ehe.

2 Likes

Been waiting for this! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi Eutaschio,

Love your update on the new version. Just come across a minor issue with the Search Portal.

The color of text of those documents, folders, rem is a little bit hard to see. How should I fix this?

Thanks again for your work.

3 Likes

The curved branch looks really awesome Great work!

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for reporting this.
I will check that issue, it seems like the background color of that popup window is not fetching the right color.
Could you also make sure that the dark mode is enable in the settings?

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi, thank you! Iā€™m glad you like it.
Just checking, are you using your own css for the scrollbars?

1 Like

I donated to your project again. Many thanks for all the amazing works you do for the community!

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ your css and my css conflict and they make this weird scrollbarā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi @JRY thank you very much for your first and second donation and for valuing my work, it is a very nice feeling. I do really appreciate your generosity.
Cheers!!!
Eustachio

1 Like

:laughing: thanks. I though it was that the scrollbar in my theme wasnā€™t working.
Cheers.

1 Like

This is fixed now. You will need to refresh/restart the app/clear cache of your browser to get the fix. I just restarted my pc and it worked.

2 Likes

First of all, thanks a lot @Eustachio. Great theme. The only thing I donā€™t like are the portals, but thatā€™s about preference I guess. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m in the minority, but I prefer the new minimalistic portals of the redesigned RemNote, because I like how they ā€œintegrateā€ with the rest of the document.
For now deactivating ā€œ3 Portalsā€ in Custom CSS (inside RemNote) would work for people like me if you put the code above your first comment in 03_Portals.css somewhere else. Right now it messes up spacing of the vertical lines if you just deactivate ā€œ3 Portalsā€.
Of course deactivating your portal styling is not a perfect solution but Iā€™ll figure it out. I would appreciate an option for people like me who like the minimalistic portals but as I said, I donā€™t really know if itā€™s something a lot of people want.

2 Likes

Hi @BoomBox
Thanks for your feedback. I understand your point.
I will think soon of a solution to this, to keep the original look of the new portals. Thatā€™s no a problem. Iā€™ll let you know.
Cheers!

2 Likes