PDF Metadata retrieval

No worries, I’ll change the readme.md in the github page to include instruction on how to download the CSL, as I suspect other library manager users might not know how this github works. The goal is to be used by as many people as possible, and I suspect some users have had the same concern as you did but didn’t care to ask me about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps this deserves a different thread, but to be explicit:

Many of us would like to have both the PDF metadata and access to the PDF itself. The Logseq integration lets you have both (see my description above). Being able to make highlights in the PDF, reference them, transclude them, and jump right to the original context with the click of a button is indispensable.

You can already do all of that in RemNote, though?.. It’s a Pro feature, but you can upload, highlight and reference PDFs.

Yes, I am aware. Can you import an entry’s metadata and the associated PDF from Zotero, in one bundle, in one click? In Logseq you can. Again, see my post above.

1 Like

Interesting. Is that intended to be a one-time import or is there a way to sync the annotated PDF back to Zotero?

1 Like

With Logseq it’s one-way. Getting annotations back into Zotero would be great but I don’t know how feasible it is. One-way is a good start.

5 Likes

Well, this is a disappointing direction https://twitter.com/rem_note/status/1494928126790406144 In light of this I don’t see Zotero integration coming anytime soon

I do like the support of connected papers. I also like that RemNote still is commited to a direction that says ‘research’. What I think is exagerated and just untrue is this: “Write your thesis in zettlr”.

Concerning academic writing, Zettlr is much (much) farther than RemNote. Zettlr not only integrates Zotero, but actually adjusts the cited literature according to the selected citation style. Also, with pandoc, it is much (much) easier to export your writing to any format you wish. At this state I do like to use RemNote for my thinking and note-taking, yes. But I would never dream of writing my thesis in it. Why? If I can’t even export it.

I like the thought of going ‘the whole way’ alltogether in RemNote, of taking notes, organising them and then write. However, a literature manager will quiete possibly always be more suited to managing literature than RemNote. And this is really important for academics (and, possible, for other people as well). And a sophisticated writing environment like word, latex or libreoffice will always be suited better for the task of writing than RemNote. So, for me… as said, I like the integration of connected papers. The rest of this twitter-post is either untrue or exagerated.

edit: Because of the new feedback-plattform, an updated and extended version of this post: Going the whole way: Collect, annotate, note-taking, writing

5 Likes

@Chinchivi what is this new platform ? is this an official thing?

A bit of a side note: I think your post on the other platform is too long to be plain text, maybe add titles (“problem”, “current solution” “prefered solution”) not only for people in a hurry, but also to make your point stronger,cheers

1 Like

Thanks, yes, will do. Was also thinking about the post and that it is too long… but only after I had written it :slight_smile:

As I understood it, with Alpha 1.7 there is this new plattform coming for dedicated Feedback (see February Update

3 Likes