RemNote YouTube

YouTube is way more powerful than cloud storage. :upside_down_face:

I edited the other project to use the files from Google Drive too. It needs the default link as https://drive.google.com/file/d/<ID>/view?usp=sharing. You need to select “anyone with the link” to permit RemNote to read the link name, but the plugin can work with “restricted”. But Google Drive is slow to process the video, so you have to wait to play it, and they set a size limit. If you have a file that exceeds 100 MB, the Html player can’t download the video.

I’ll post a topic soon about a pre-release version because it is almost usable.

2 Likes

Lol such is life.

Thanks for adding GDrive capabilities. Looking forward to see what goodness you come up with!

1 Like

Great plugin! If I may provide the feature idea… Is it possible to make the YouTube video container larger or smaller depending on preference? That would be super useful to be able to see smaller fonts on presentations, etc.

1 Like

I don’t understand your suggestion about the video container. You can change the width with the rem “RemNote YT” on top-level. Do you mean changing the height and putting the text around the video container?

I could add a setting for the font size.

I saw the space is limited without the setting “Full Width”. Have you checked it?

Settings > Interface > Global Interface > Full Width

1 Like

I checked it, and that makes the video container a bit wider. Thank you!

1 Like

Updates

• new shortcuts to scroll the notes
  • the scrollings from the keyboard and mouse are prevented from going outside the window’s plugin from the notes
  • you can change the font size in the settings
  • the width setting functions better
  • the cursor on the notes is changed
  • the issue when you click on some timestamps from another chapter is fixed
  • auto scroll doesn’t force anymore if you pause at the beginning of a chapter
5 Likes

You are unstoppable for making the RemNote a better tool. Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

This is really neat, thanks alot!

1 Like

“RemNote YT” is a rem on the top-level to change the settings on every rems with rnyt.

It is impossible to check properly if the rem “RemNote YT” exists on the top-level. So the plugin will not create the settings rem “RemNote YT” anymore to avoid duplicates, but the plugin can still use the settings from “RemNote YT”. Considerate these settings as a bonus. If you don’t care or when you’ll read your case, you can skip this message.

You might have this issue if you deleted this rem, or the rem is not on the top-level, or something else. It can create a settings rem every time you load the plugin.

If you have, need these settings and don’t have an issue, don’t delete the rem, don’t move it. Do nothing.

If you had duplicates, there is only one valid “RemNote YT”. The rem may be in your trash bin. It should be the oldest one. Check if the rem is on the top-level. Try to change a visible setting in a unique way to distinguish the rem. At worst, try the last case to repair it.

If you have and don’t need these settings, you can delete “RemNote YT”, but be sure about it, because it could be hard to recover the rem.

If you are new, haven’t got and need these settings, you can import the following code like this screenshot. Keep the rem and don’t move it.

Title

RemNote YT

Content

- dark_mode: 0
- width: 65
- playback_speed: 1
- delay: 0
- caption: 0
- font_size: 16

If you are techy, your settings are broken, and you can’t restore the rem : you can repair it. Warning, you won’t get updates. You’ll need to change the line again.

1. remix on Glitch the project

2. search and change this line in script.js, pick a unique name
    from
    var settings = await RemNoteAPI.v0.get_by_name("RemNote YT");
    to
    var settings = await RemNoteAPI.v0.get_by_name("your title");

3. click on share the project

4. let Project permissions to Public

5. copy your Live site url

6. update the plugin url on RemNote

7. you can import the rem with the settings like above with the according title

1 Like

After the latest update 1.8 update this plugin dosen’t work. Do anyone know why&how?

1 Like

I’m trying to fix it. On my side, the blank screen is fixed, I can create chapters (or first level), but I can’t add child notes without bugs.

It seems RemNote has changed the data structure. The plugin can’t manipulate the rems correctly for now.

I can’t update the project because it will break the plugin for 1.7. I can’t send you a temporary link because it is impossible to add a custom plugin on the current 1.8.

It dosen’t work now. Can somebody to fix it? Thank you!

1 Like

@t_bonhomme Did you see we released the new plugin system recently (https://plugins.remnote.com/)? Let me know if you want help migrating this plugin to the new system!

1 Like

I noticed the release. I’ve started to work on the plugin.

I learn with other plugin codes for now.

4 Likes

Hello, It’s the first time i’ve noticed about this plugin very useful.
I´ve tried to enter to this page → https://local-maroon-badger.glitch.me but I only get white screen. Can someone help me how to use it? It looks very cool and useful. Thanks!

Thanks again for your contribution!

1 Like

The first message is outdated and can’t be updated.

The plugin worked with the previous plugin system. It is in development for the new plugin system.

3 Likes

Please get in touch if you want an extra person to help code it, I would love to help :+1:

2 Likes

Btw, thanks for all the plugins created for the app. While waiting for the big release, updates for plugin are things that help me going through the long periods in between. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes