RemNote YouTube

I want to merge the two plugins, it seems it is possible with react player, but I will begin with the YouTube part.

I will release the plugin progressively.

I’ve read many websites about the programming technologies used. I have to change every technologies I have used :

• JavaScript to TypeScript
  • Bootstrap to tailwindcss
  • no jQuery
  • React
  • the new RemNote API
3 Likes

If you put your code on GitHub and send here, I can help, I am familiar with ReactPlayer :+1:

2 Likes

GitHub - terence-bonhomme/rnyt: take notes in RemNote with a Youtube video

I will put a basic version for dev the next week on GitHub once I complete these requirements.

• [x] a way to call the plugin and display it from a YouTube video (link or embed)
  • [x] basic UI (video, button “input note”, input delay, text input, notes displayed on the side)
  • [x] write notes on one level into the rem with the video and display the new notes
  • [x] few keyboard shortcuts (play/pause, enter a note, seek, basic backward/forward)
  • [ ] display the previous notes on one level
  • [ ] timestamp buttons after bullets
  • [ ] delay and height settings
3 Likes

Awesome, so excited!

The basic version is available on GitHub. Pro users can use it in dev mode to test or help. I wrote code comments. A README can guide you.

4 Likes

I don’t know how to install this plugin, though I had read the README. It too professional for me.

The README needs to be more user-friendly.

Git and NodeJS have to be installed first. You can install them if you follow the guide for your OS. You can install them with Scoop (Windows) or Homebrew (Mac and Linux). It should work if you follow these steps. You need to copy-paste the lines one by one.

It may still be too difficult. You may have to wait for a release.

for Windows (see https://scoop.sh/#/)

• open a PowerShell terminal (version 5.1 or later), then copy-paste the following lines
  • Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser
  • irm get.scoop.sh | iex
  • scoop install git
  • scoop install nodejs

for Mac and Linux (see https://brew.sh/)

• search and open Terminal, then copy-paste the following lines
  • /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
  • brew install node
  • brew install git

Well, It really difficult for me. Maybe I have to wait for a release. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Will take a look next week!

3 Likes

Yeah! Really need this feature right now lol

When will the formal plugin be released?

@t_bonhomme Hi, I actually suceeded in installing it for Windows and it worked until I shutdown my pc. The rnyt command stopped appearning after rebooting my pc, and I uninstalled the plugin and entered npm run dev again and reinstalled and worked again until I keep my pc open.Is this how nodejs works, or is there a way to avoid this?
In any case, I’m asking Santa for the formal plugin this year :smiley:

Hi. I think it is a temporary local server. The dev mode is not user-friendly. It is only for developers and contributors. I have no trick to auto-enable this. The plugins must be added to the marketplace by the RemNote team.

@t_bonhomme thanks, got it… ( I’m not a developer/contributor)

The plugins must be added to the marketplace by the RemNote team.
Does this mean you’ve already finished the beta version, and you’re waiting for the Remnote team to officially haul it into the plugin collection?
It would be great if we could get it by this year :smiley:
Thanks anyways.

I think it’s very cool.

I miss the youtube plugin so much

1 Like

Can we use this plugin now? Many of my notes that were taken with this plugin are filed now.