Search is not including all Constructs/Rems

I sometimes got the creeping suspicion, that not all the Rems of my Knowledge Base get searched. Below you will find a picture showing exactly this. The Construct “Matheamtical Proficincy” (which I created several days ago) could not be find with the include-search (and normal search). Is this a well known bug and what can I do to solve it?

Thanks for the help!

Hey @alexander.hoerig, thanks for reporting this!

We are investigating into this :slight_smile:

The usual problem when something is not found is that the search is configured to only search concepts. This does not seem to apply here (Mathematical proficiency seems to be a Concept already).

There are some edge cases where the search index is not regenerated and therefore misses some rem that were not present in the last index. This happens for example sometimes for the first search of the synced rem. Usually exiting the search and triggering it again regenerates the index and shows all rem.

Is the rem missing from all searches (Ctrl + S, Ctrl + P, [[) or just [[? I noticed that Ctrl + S and Ctrl + P for example priorize results differently.

Escaping the Search did not work. But chosing the mathematical proficiency in the Search is. The Behaivor was the same for all Searches. What I found as well is funny beaivor with incomplete Words:
Searchresults for mathematic

Searchresults for mathematical

Is only the whole Word searched(Does not look like it)?

I posted this over in this thread, as well: https://forum.remnote.io/t/new-rems-not-showing-up-in-search/5764

I’m a new user and have been having this exact problem. I wasn’t sure if I was just misunderstanding some important distinction between certain rems that show up in search vs. not, but it looks like I’m not alone with this problem.

The most recent example that led to me searching for this just now is that I was trying to tag a rem with “##Image,” which I created and used yesterday, and literally nothing showed up in the search except for the times I used the word “image” in text. It doesn’t show no matter how I search—via ##, [[, or even CMD + P.

I was almost certainly going to be buying the lifetime plan after my trial is up, but when functionality as critical as search doesn’t even work, it really makes me worried that core features like finding every reference won’t work properly, either. This is a very big issue, in my opinion, so I really hope they get it sorted soon! :frowning:

Hi all!

My RemNote has started with a new problem - the Rems I’ve been making recently aren’t showing up in searches! As a result, I’m creating duplicates of pages because RemNote doesn’t tell me I’ve already made this thing before…

I can fix the issue when I remember that I’ve made it before - I have to navigate to somewhere where the page is already referenced and go into the page and change the title (as simple as deleting and retyping a character) - then RemNote starts indexing the Rem properly and I can use it as normal.

But it’s a big problem if my info isn’t showing up when I need it.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smiley:
Stuart

got the same Problem => Search is not including all Constructs/Rems

I’m a new user and have been having this exact problem. I wasn’t sure if I was just misunderstanding some important distinction between certain rems that show up in search vs. not, but it looks like I’m not alone with this problem.

The most recent example that led to me searching for this just now is that I was trying to tag a rem with “##Image,” which I created and used yesterday, and literally nothing showed up in the search except for the times I used the word “image” in text. It doesn’t show no matter how I search—via ##, [[, or even CMD + P.

I was almost certainly going to be buying the lifetime plan after my trial is up, but when functionality as critical as search doesn’t even work, it really makes me worried that core features like finding every reference won’t work properly, either. This is a very big issue, in my opinion, so I really hope they get it sorted soon! :frowning: