Syncing Local Knowledge Bases though Onedrive/Google Drive

When I was using Obsidian for a bit, I had my vault saved to my OneDrive, which meant that I could open it up on my laptop whenever I wanted to, and it would still sync perfectly, despite being offline.
However, when I try and replicate that with a local knowledge base in RemNote, despite having its location in my Onedrive, I cannot see it.
Is there a solution to this?

3 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for this. The “Local Storage Location” that you select when you create a new local knowledge base is a bit misleading in that it seems to imply that this is where the database will be created when in fact it’s just a folder where the daily backups will go. The actual database is buried in system folders. Perhaps someday there will be an option to create multiple synced databases through the remnote servers. Or I suppose you could explore using something like Logseq to accomplish what you need.

3 Likes

That is the answer I was looking for… Isn’t it possible to make the selected folder the de facto database folder? A Google Drive local synced folder would totally work for me without needing to rely on Remnote servers (since that is obviously expensive for the developers).

Isn’t there anyway to sync these “buried” database files folders via Google Drive?

2 Likes

Hi. I use synology drive (private cloud) to sync local knowledge base across different computer. As @dubclipper mentioned above, remnote buries some data related to local base.
Assuming that you are using windows 10 OS, two folders you should sync across computers: the first folder is that contains your local base which you defined yourself; the second one is the one remnote buries, and its location is like C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\RemNote.
Give it a try.

2 Likes

And if anyone knows the folder buried by remnote in arch linux, help me here . Thanks.

1 Like