Text Color (Change Color)

Hello RemNote Community,

Ethan West here. I am just wondering how to change the font/text color in RemNote online. I am not talking about backgrounds or tag highlight colors, just the text color alone. I wanted to use specific colors for let’s say Jesus in the 4 gospels, so I know when he is speaking and when he is not. I have looked extensively at how to change the text color but it seems impossible at this point. I only know of one solution that partially works, which is using Latex Code. But since it is specifically designed for math there is no spacing available when typing words. The color changes but no spacing.

If there is some type of workaround with this that would save me a lot of time, I would greatly appreciate it. If not I guess I will just have to use text highlights instead. Honestly, I small feature like text color change not being available is surprising in a knowledge-based engine.

Thanks, Ethan.

See also How to set font color? or more technical here: Guide: Customizing Inline Formatting for Custom CSS + styling tag solutions.

The Highlighter of RemNote has six color, but I think it is so much, so I change three of them to text color… with Custom CSS

.highlight-color--red {
}
.highlight-color--yellow {
}
.highlight-color--orange {
}

.highlight-color--green {
	background-color: transparent;
	color: green; /* Change it to the color you like */
}
.highlight-color--blue {
	color: #6ec0e9; /* Change it to the color you like */
}
.highlight-color--purple {
	color: purple; /* Change it to the color you like */
}

Hello TaQuangKhoi,

I have tried your method, but I am using Dark Mode on the website version. The letters do change in white mode, but not in dark mode. I have tried changing the background color to the dark theme color. But it seems like it’s not blending in properly. Any suggestions?

Thenks, Ethan.

Thanks @ArchAngel777!!
I changed the code for the better
Just change background-color from white to transparent

Currently, there’s no in-built way to format text colour.
The way I do it when I need to is using Latex.

It is possible to type regular sentences with spacing like so - \text{\textcolor{red}{Type what you want to have appear in red colour here.}}
You could also replace text with textsf for a sans serif type of font.

Here’s what it looks like:

Hello Anisha,

I appreciate the feedback. It works fine now. I am definitely not code savvy. Now is there a way to add new or different highlight colors? I couldn’t find anything about that online either. If you don’t know that’s fine. Honestly, I am new to all of this.

Peace be with you.

I don’t think there’s a way to add new highlight colours. There’s only the 6 that you have by default. I do think there is a way to change them, though - Hannes’ put up some links in his reply to your post that should help you find what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

It works, but not very convenient.