What's the quickest way to link a word in my rem as an alias to an existing rem, without changing the displayed text?

I have upgraded to the Pro-Version mainly to benefit from the aliases feature.

However, unless I am missing something, it’s costing me almost ten clicks to add a word in a rem as an alias to an existing Rem at the moment.

For example, if I want to link the word “teeth” in one of my notes to an existing rem called “tooth”. I need to do the following

Select “teeth” and link to existing rem called “tooth”, upon it which it very annoyingly changes the text to “tooth”. Which I obviously don’t want because the context requires the plural form. Then I need to select the “tooth” again and click add alias, and manually type out “teeth”

I am sure there is something missing here and there must be an easier way, to add a word in my rem as an alias to an existing concept. This is because I want to link words as they come up in the context to existing Rems. This is because for the most part I work with third part texts and not notes written by myself.

I hope I managed to get my problem across clearly

Appreciate your support.

@Mohamed_Bin_Abdilwal

u can phrase ur feature request like this.

Currently adding Aliases while writing the content for the first time might be fine, but say I want to link a word, teeth somewhere to tooth somewhere else.

For now, there are two ways to do this, that is

1. Making the Alias at the Rem tooth
  2. referencing tooth at the place I want to link it.

Whatever method, I use one thing that I have to do for sure is erase the word teeth . Work flows can be easier if there is a method to do it easily. Let me suggest one way the feature could work

Say, there is a sentence, “The mandible has the lower set of teeth” . So, I highlight the word teeth here, and press shortcut, “Shift+Ctrl+A” then maybe a dialog box appears or something of that sort where I search for tooth and select the tooth. wanting a result

“The mandible has the lower set of teeth” -> the teeth being referenced to tooth.

I hope that would be nice.

I could have written a long instruction to do so, but it really is a simple thing, and no one has better explained it than : https://youtu.be/yJ9rX2K__3M?t=193

I hope u find the solution in the video, I’ve copied it at a specific time :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, and of course I wouldn’t take the time out to write that little essay if I hadn’t checked the tutorials first.

But my issue is actually in the opposite direction. As you can see in the video, all the examples are about going from Rem to Alias. I am talking about going from Alias to Rem.

If I have a word in front of me, which I want to turn into an alias of another rem, I have to link to the existing rem first as a reference, upon which I lose the text I wanted to use as an alias. So I have to manually type it out again.

So my question is if I have a word which I want to convert into an alias of another existing Rem, how do I do in less then 10 clicks?

Yes, that’s exactly my case.

I thought there was no way to do that, so thanks for confirming it.

Definitely needs to be documented as a feature request then, how would you phrase it in a clearer more concise way?

@Mohamed_Bin_Abdilwal

try this,

say u have a rem named tooth somewhere and right now you are writing about mandible and u want to say that mandible has the lower set of teeth .

I think the process that is the least time consuming is, u type “[[” and type “tooth” and link it with the existing rem tooth.

Now, you click on the referenced “tooth” and hit “Enter” key. It opens the add alias. Here you type “teeth

Now if you are wanting to link your already written teeth to the existing rem tooth without having to erase the written teeth then there is no method for this, and I know this would be a huge feature to have to do this directly. I think you should make a feature request if that’s your case