Ability to create a table of contents

will show titles like wiki

Assuming you use native headers, you can filter the document by “Header” powerup tag and press the plus icon to insert a search portal that will show all headers of a document. See example.

3 Likes

It has occurred to me the need to have an index of the document I am studying in the left pane, as I did when I used Microsoft Word to study.
What I did is order the titles well and thus I had in view where I was moving in the text, so it required many types of titles ordered by hierarchy, it would be really useful if the title hierarchies were undefined for the creation of a index.
Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you!

I believe the ability to create an automated table of contents at the beginning of a document (or wherever) with the different headings would be really helpful.

+1, because I have very long document, navigate in these document is quite difficult, even with ctrl up to fold content is not enough

1 Like

Please add Header4,5,6. Three Headers are for essays, but not enough for Knowledge management.

2 Likes

When I have a long document, I need to do a lot of steps to jump between headers:

ctrl+shift+f → click to filter header → find the header I want → expand it or zoom into it → done reading & editing → collapse or zoom out → read next header. These are the least steps!

Please add a table of content. it’ll be better to give us option to choose to place it on the left or right. Siyuan app in China has this function. And it’s so helpful to me.

3 Likes