Blank screen since 1.8 update

I found a workaround that may work for you.

As others already reported, first go to https://new.remnote.com. In my case, it loaded most of the data but not the left sidebar. Try to create a new folder using the button in the bottom left. In my case it caused the other folders in the left sidebar to appear again.

As for the desktop app, try finding one of your top-level folders using the search box, click “…” in the top right, and “change document status” to “pinned”. In my case, it caused the “pinned” folders to be visible in sidebar again. This has to be repeated for all of the top-level folders.

sadly doesnt work for me. the new.remnote hasnt made my new data actual, it has 500 of my rems in the trash, which i have to restore. Extreme BS

1 Like

That really sucks, I hope remnote will fix this somehow. I also have a few rems deleted but its nowhere as bad as yours. I’d literally rather wish they never release updates from now on just so we don’t have to deal with this crap

1 Like

the web app is working for me now. However, all the rems in my documents are in some random and wrong order. Same with my extra card details on my flash cards. So much for being well organized! :smiley: Very annoying…

1 Like

Same here.

On website, where I actually work

On tablet / new.remnote / desktop app

Apparently all my rems are complete. no data loss. But they don’t appear listed on the “All notes” section. Also on the left side bar they are listed differently across my devices.

Also syncing across devices doesn’t work. It’s worst than before. Not even a single change in 1 character is synced across devices

2 Likes

You guys can still use remnote on the website browser you know that right? The desktop app isn’t working on my mac but its working well just on the internet browser (im using it on chrome).

Please email support at support@remnote.com if you can’t get into the app at all (try the web version first), otherwise see the soluton post in Cannot Sync(Desktop&website)

What to do if you are facing issues:

If anyone is having trouble accessing RemNote, please try reinstalling the latest version from remnote.com/download

If that doesn’t fix the issue, try using the web-app on remnote.com or new.remnote.com or beta.remnote.com

If none of the above is working for you, kindly let us know we will work on giving you access asap.

If you are seeing syncing errors, that is expected. Your data is still being saved locally on your disk, and will sync automatically once the servers are up again. If you are using different apps currently there is a chance that you might not see the newly added notes (that you added in a different device/app) but they should all merge back normally once the servers are up again.

1 Like