Bury (automatically) other cloze cards on the same rem

This is a feature I appreciated in Anki. Whenever a card is scheduled for review, the other cards (if any) on the same note will be buried and only show up on the next day. The rationale is that reviewing subsequent cards on the same rem - usually being reviewed immediately after the first one within RemNote - is not much effective because the rem (that had just been revealed entirely) is still there in your short-term memory.

Yes, this is quite important!

The equivalent feature for Image Occlusion cards is requested here: Image occlusion improvement.

2 Likes

This is very much needed. I’m having to adjust my queue responses in such a way that cloze cards from the the same image don’t show on the same day. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As a workaround I just use the “skip 1 hour” button but agreed that this feature is much in need.

I turned off:

• Documents Clusters
  • Reference Clusters
  • Tag Clusters

Now it’s all random

I turned off these checkboxes too but I still get consecutive cloze cards when they first display in the deck.

Regardless of whether we have those boxes selected, the default behaviour should be to stagger clozes from the same card.

Like all 4? A new cluster was added last update and turning all 4 of them off made the queue completely random for me, don’t have any experiences with clozes though, which is why I’m asking

Indeed it become random by doing this, but it still show the other clozes of the same rem, and the other card of the Rem (forward, backward), in the same day; it would be better to have the option of actually burying these cards till the next day, just like in Anki.

An absolute must indeed ! Really hope to see this implemented soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please guys, you MUST implement this (burying related card until next day, especially clozes of the same Rem) in the short term. The way RemNote is handling multiple clozes in the same Rem is misleading and nothing more than a fantasy. You cannot multiply your last interval by a factor like 2.2 or 2.5 or any other if you have seen a second ago the answer of the card (other cloze of the same card). This took you no effort at all; this is violating all principles of active recall and spaced repetition. RemNote is surely not ensuring long-term retention in these cases.

As far as I can see, this is the most evident inconsistency of RemNote by now. It is obvioulsy unsatisfactory. Please team, we need to trust the algorithm. Help us to do so!

I agree As far as I can see, this is the most evident inconsistency of RemNote by now. It is obvioulsy unsatisfactory. Please team, we need to trust the algorithm. Help us to do so!

1 Like

@Martin,

Maybe the burying feature is not compatible with RemNote structure by now. I was wondering and thinking about this topic lately, and I realized that what bothers me the most is the fact that, when using clustering feature, clozes of the same Rem are shown in sequence (one exactly after the other, always). This is the major problem.

This does not happen regarding bidirectional cards. Even though they don’t bury (i.e., they are shown in the same day), they are separated in time even when clustering feature (all of clustering options) are set on. And this works quite well, because some minutes, or even hours, will separate both revisions on the same day.

But the behavior of multiple clozes on the same Rem is very unsatisfactory when clustering options are set on. The only way of making it bearable is to turn off clustering, and so we face a hard choice of abandoning cluster feature, which as you say is very important to avoid excessive context changing, or making multiple clozes functional.

Are you not able to make multiple clozes work like bidirectional Rems, that is, even though shown on the same day, not exactly in sequence? If you could, it would make a stark difference!

As always, thanks for your patience!

1 Like