How can I use " ~ " Power Up

Hi everyone,
I’m a new user and I want to use Universal Descriptors such as “~Example”
I’ve found the “~” Power Up, but idk how to create these universal descriptors.

Thanks.

1 Like

How did you find that power up?

1 Like

I saw a video on youtube (it was before the last version 1.4) and there explain universal descriptors something like “~Definition” etc. I found the respective tutorial at the app, but I can’t use them or idk how to use them.

In my case, is not available the option “Copy to your database” so I suppose that I’ve to create by myself. But I cant.

I have this powerup too and I don’t understand it either. I think somewhere on the forum I saw that this is a deprecated alias powerup. It would be nice if it actually did something different though.

You can just make your own. Add children rem slots under ~ .

1 Like

I study math so as an example use case, whenever I encounter a definition I go [[~Definition]].

Actually, I replaced tilde ~ by apostrophe ’ so I don’t have to press the shift key.

I said above that it’s better to come up with your own Universal descriptors. I was able to copy the ones in the website before but I found some of them not applicable to my studies. I ended up deleting some of them. In my opinion, it’s better not to have too many of these descriptors (just the essential ones) because you will probably forget some of them (I know I do that’s why I delete those I don’t use).

1 Like

Yes, I am actually using the existing ~ power up. I just edited the name to be ’ so that when I search it takes 1 less keystroke.

I think I’m doing this wrong. Could someone explain exactly what the powerup functionality is for ~ and for universal descriptors? Do they have slots or something? What would the slots be used for?

None whatsoever except that it is a parent of ~Alias (that gets automatically added when adding an alias to a rem).

“Universal Descriptor” is merely a name for a coloured rem that begins with ~ (the character) and is intended to be commonly referenced (with potentially turning into a flashcard) elsewhere, no more and no less. You may have none of them, create your own, or copy from the tutorials and store them anywhere. You could turn them into slots manually if you want the option to add them when you tag something with their parent, just like any other rem.

1 Like