Is Automatic Prefix Search still working?

I’d like to use Automatic Prefix Search function but it seems that it doesn’t work at all. Is this a feature that has been cut off? Or do I have to toggle it on somewhere in the setting?
This question seems to be related to this topic but I didn’t find my answer there so I ask here again.
automatic prefix search
As shown in the above gif, there’s no pop up suggestion no matter how many times I type the same rem in the same document. What should I do to make it work? Thanks!

Automatic Prefix Search seems to work only if the descendants are hidden. It moves you to the Rem you are looking for to save on duplicates.
As opposed to Automatic Prefix Search, the rem don’t have to be hidden, if you are using Search Descendants in Editor.

Toggle Automatic Search only seems to work for selected text, not all typed text.
There may or may not be some bugs at play.

Huh, thanks for explaining, the tutorial doesn’t mention that and I never hide rems so I didn’t know. Although after trying it just now, from now on I will hide rems. The page doesn’t take seconds to load anymore, it looks nicer and thanks to the automatic prefix search, I don’t need to bother with the automatically sort tag anymore (Improve the writing experience when automatically sort is tagged) I can just let the automatic search do the work for me.

Wow I see, it works when siblings and descendants are hidden, and once a rem is revealed, it will no longer shown in the sugestion list. Emm…It’s an interesting feature. Thanks for your explanation, it should be added to the tutorial. :slight_smile:

My guess is that this is a bug introduced through an update because it used to come up frequently but now it almost never comes up and when it does, it doesn‘t seem to work correctly. An official answer would be nice though.

Your idea of hiding all rem to let page load faster and use prefix search to find a rem is quite enlightening! I also use automatic sort tag for some documents but sometimes it bothers me. Now I know a better way do deal with such document. Thanks!