New RemNote Dark Theme by eustachio

Hi @taozina I’m glad you like the theme, I do my best to keep it up to date.
I have checked the issue
With my theme deactivated, it seems that the quote sentence gets divided when some words within the quote are set to bold and/or underline. Because I set the background of the quotes to transparent those spaces appear to be wider than others.

Please try this code, create a new CSS code block and copy the code below:

.quote,
.quote.bold,
.quote.underline {
	padding-left: 0px;
	padding-right: 0px;
	margin-right: 0px;
	margin-left: 0px;
}

This is how it should look with my theme enabled including the code snippet above.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue, so I will include the code within the theme.
Cheers

1 Like

Perfect @Eustachio . Now I don’t see any defects in your theme. Thank you so much for everything.

I could suggest a new theme. But the update is coming, according to the developers. Not worth it.
But if you have free time, a black theme would be great

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know that it worked.
Yes, I have some ideas but I don’t want to do much until the new UI update.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Hello @Eustachio, could you point me to where in your code, you define the appearance of excerpts from PDFs?
Thanks

Hi, from memory (I’m not in from of my pc) I think it is within 1 Body, look for pdf highlight.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi I´am using the extra dark eustachio theme and it does not work the stadistics page, the color of the font is to dark to see it. Could annyone help me to detect the issue, I dont know CSS and I think this is one of the best themes right now. Please :wink:

Thanks @Eustachio … I’ve changed a bit the way pdf quotes are. I did that after having underlining in almost an entire document, was too much for my eye :sweat_smile:

For those interested, I’ve modified it to look like this :
I use these { } as marker for the quotes from pdf in white, and counter balanced with a darker text

cheersl

/*pdf highlight*/
.rem-reference--pdf-highlight {

border-color: transparent;
border-bottom: solid transparent;
border-width: 0px;
color: darkgrey;
border-radius: 0px;
text-decoration-color: gray;
}

.rem-reference--pdf-highlight::before {
content: "{ ";
color: snow;
}

.rem-reference--pdf-highlight::after {
content: " }";
color: snow;
}
3 Likes

Also, another thing that the implementation above allows is the creation of rem references within quotes from PDF.
For example: “cities” and “scaling laws” below are both a reference and part of an excerpt from a PDF!

2 Likes

This is amazing @Eustachio!!! I type a lot of equations, so I’d prefer the equations to stand out a little. How can I do this? (I don’t know CSS).

2 Likes

Thanks! Could you please explain how 1) you’re getting the reference inside the quotes-from-PDF? 2) The “[4] Bettencourt et al, 2007” Are you adding 2 “by hand” or is that included somehow with your PDF quote? I couldn’t figure out how to do that.

1 Like

@M_Young Hello, I’m not sure what you mean, actually. But I’ll try responding anyway.
If you mean having the excerpts of PDF between { } this is done by replacing the Eustachio’s dark theme piece of code pdf highlight (it is inside 1 body ) with the code I provide above.
Regarding the referencing [4] Bettencourt et al, 2007, it’s added manually.

2 Likes

Thanks! I wasn’t clear on my question about the “Cities” and the “Scaling laws” inside the quoted PDF excerpt, the “creation of rem references within quotes from PDF.” When I try to edit the excerpts, they aren’t editable. Is that creation of rem references somehow automatic? Sorry I wasn’t clear before.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot of my PDF excerpts. I can’t edit the text between the braces to make rem references as ftfk shows in their example above. If I try to click within the quoted text, to edit it, Remnote doesn’t allow that.

will this work on the new update? if not, then please make an update. :eyes:

1 Like

I don’t have much info about the new RemNote update, but once it’s out I will update the theme. I don’t know how the new update will change the core of the app, so I don’t really know how the theme will be affected.

5 Likes

We’ll be waiting for the updated theme!!!

3 Likes

Hello!
Excerpts from PDF are (this is my interpretation) “nothing more than” a rem containing the plain text copy of the pdf text + coordinate position on a PDF.
Then, when you select a text in a PDF and do the usual CTRL+C and CTRL+V, remnote is actually providing you with a reference to the rem that contains the position the plain text.
So, if you CRTL+left-click on the actually open a portal to rem, and can edit the plain text as you wish that includes adding references

1 Like

Thanks for explaining your conception of the PPF excerpts. That is helpful. I was able to insert a (test nonsensical) link to an “Economics” rem. Thanks so much!

No problem friend! happy to help :wink:

1 Like

I have started using the version 1.4.0-beta. The theme does not work properly, I will be updating the theme in the next week :crossed_fingers:.

The new app is nicer and faster :ok_hand:

Cheers,
Eustachio

14 Likes