Quick-Setting to Reset Spaced Repetition History of a single Flashcard

Hello everyone,

As already confirmed here Reset Spaced Repetition History of a Flashcard, there is no dedicated convenient way to reset a spaced repetion history of a single flashcard. Does this bother you guys as well? So my feature request would be to add a quick-settings option to handle it like this:

Or perhaps you guys have better ideas?

I’d love to hear from you guys!

Cheers,
Perelyn

You could practice the card without spaced repetition and hit “again”, which is not full reset, but sends it into a re-learning phase (not sure about the details of this under the hood).

True, I could.
I could also copy the Rem, delete it and insert it again.
But both of these methods are needlessly cumbersome, in my opinion.
That’s why I’m asking for this feature :wink: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Also, when editing a Rem, sometimes I just correct a typo and then there doesn’t need to be a reset of the SRS history, because there is no new content to learn.
But when I add content and the card would only appear months after my exams then it doesn’t help me much. So perhaps when editing a Rem, there should be an option to either send it into a re-learning phase (or reset the history) or to leave the SRS be as it is.

2 Likes

For when we want to start over with all the cards in a document as new cards. Similar to the “Reschedule” option in Anki

2 Likes

I also very much expect this option. It will be very nice if the option appears soon.

2 Likes

This looks like a duplicate of Quick-Setting to Reset Spaced Repetition History of a single Flashcard

It is bummer that this feature is still not available. The two common workarounds suggested are less than ideal

1. Copy paste the rem and create a new one - If the existing rem is already linked at other places this is just not an option
  2. Rate the flashcard as ‘Forgotten’ the next time you review it - if the next repetition time is in 6 months, waiting for the next review doesn’t make any sense. This might still be a possible if we do a forced review on the card only because of this bug - Study a folder without affecting SRS
3 Likes

I would love this feature. The sooner the better, it would help anyone who would like to review there rem more than once in one day

2 Likes

This is really much needed. It would be great if whe have the option to reset (clear) the reviewing history of both single cards/Rems or an entire document.

Also, it would be very good if we could, when exporting (JSON), choose between exporting with reviewing history or not.

3 Likes

It would be very useful if you can manually set the interval of a specific flashcard.

Isn’t this already possible with “Customize Document SRS”? Or isn’t that what you want to do?

Here is some code snippet I made a while ago using some inofficial APIs:

// Only works for concept/descriptor/question cards I think
function resetFocusedCard() {
    const rem = window.currentFocusedRem()
    const rId = rem._id;
    const nextPracticeTime = (new Date()).getTime();
    const cards = window.CardCollection(window.currentKnowledgeBaseId());
    const card = cards.findOne({rId});
    card.update({h: [], n: nextPracticeTime, a: nextPracticeTime, t: 0, l: undefined});
    console.info("Reset Schedule of rem", rem.key, "with id", rId);
}

function customShortcuts(e) { 
    if (e.code === 'KeyX' && e.ctrlKey && e.shiftKey && e.altKey && !e.metaKey) {
        resetFocusedCard();
        e.stopPropagation();
        e.preventDefault();
    }
}

window.addEventListener('keydown', customShortcuts);

Execute it in the Console of the Developer Tools (Browser: F12, Desktop App: Ctrl + Shift + I) or store it as a Snippet which can be executed with Ctrl + Enter:

It bind Ctrl + Shift + Alt + X to reset the the flashcard history of a single Concept, Descriptor or Question rem. I don’t think it works with Clozes/Image Occlusion or list/multiline cards, but there are probably ways to extend it this way.

Use with care. Test first if it works for yourself by inspecting the rem using /View Metadata. I don’t guarantee anything. This is not official RemNote stuff. I only made this for fun back in the days before my time at RemNote.

5 Likes

It works perfectly with cloze and multiline cards. Thank you a lot sir, this is very much needed feature. Thanks again for all your efforts. I hope the developers incorporate this feature into future updates

3 Likes

Also surprised this isn’t an official feature…
I’d like the option to reset all cards underneath a document though, not just one flashcard.
And on image occlusions too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @hannesfrank , I tested only now and observed it just clears the history of the forward card, but not of the backward card. In case of clozes, onle the first cloze has its history cleared, but in case of more than one cloze in a sentence, the others are not cleared.

Sorry to bother you, but would there be a way of clearing cards in both direction?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I agree that this is a very useful feature, would be useful for internal testing purposes when fiddling with the SR algorithm too. Made a design proposal for it today :+1:

6 Likes

Happy to have you in the team, @Jamesb . Even thou I never used SuperMemo (tried, but it did not work for me, as I was already in Anki for some years), I’ve seen some of your material and discussions and always found them very helpful. Very happy to have someone else in the team really focused in SRS; I’m pretty sure that, with your help, RemNote will reach another level in SR based learning!

4 Likes

There still isn’t standard way to forget a card? bump

1 Like

Bump^2

The ability to reset the SRS history for a single rem or an entire “tree” / document would be highly appreciated

Moved to the new Feedback Portal: Quick-Setting to Reset Spaced Repetition History of a single Flashcard | RemNote