Remnote 1.3.8 update doesn't work in MacOS

I have the same issue.

1 Like

I have been getting notifications telling me to update to version 1.3.8. When I click on the “Reload and Update” button, the app reloads but does not update. Anyone know how I can get it to update?

2 Likes

I too have the same issue. This is repeatedly occuring with almost all Remnote updates. Last time this happened I ended up redownloading remnote and doing it.
Please Remnote team fix this. I noticed many people had the same issue with previous updates.

2 Likes

I tried to install the new version manually by downloading it from the web. However, the problem still persists.

We’re actively working on getting this fixed asap - very sorry for the delay.

(Building a cross-platform app is slightly tricky, unfortunately. I know this must be frustrating. We’ll be able to get it solved in a way where this stops happening in the future though, and are currently implementing a better deploy process to try to avoid these issues.)

10 Likes

I clicked the Update button in the RemNote desktop app.
After that, The desktop app shows a blank page.
What should I do?

Ahhh… This pop-up came up a few minutes later and now I can use the app.

But this message doesn’t go away.

1 Like

Funny how we both capture the same screenshots. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

lol😆 I thought you used my screenshots

Hey everyone! Sorry about the fiasco, there has been an issue with the mac app.

Merging it with the other topic.

I think it is a good opportunity to place Remnote in the Mac App Store, and allow the updates run from there (while also allowing more audience to get to know Remnote)

2 Likes

Still not finished fixing? Has there been any news? :grinning:

11 Likes

Is it correct that the desktop version on the mac has version 1.3.6 and that the browser version is 1.3.8?

Also, when I started the desktop version today on the mac it kept saying there was an online update. I would click on it and it would reopen, but the window of the online update kept showing up, until I finally decided to do a refresh i,e, command-R and that made the window go away.

UPDATE: Friday, May 14, 2021 21:15:28 Upon reopening the desktop version the update window reappears again. This is obviously a bug. Also, when I went to the website to see if I could download the newest desktop version there was still an old version for download: Version 1.2.9

I’m having the same issue

Yes, i’m having the same issue. I am still able to access my data and use RemNote without any problems. But it’s really annoying to constantly get the pop-up saying to upgrade to 1.3.8, and after upgrading time after time I still get the pop up to update lol.

Hi
I am running the Mac Desktop version 1.3.6.
I get a notification that 1.3.8 is available “A new update is ready to install. Remnote version 1.3.8 has been downloaded and will automatically be installed on exit”.
I press the blue ‘Reload and update’ button as I always did but the app just reloads and I get all the same notifications again over and over. The app is of course not updated.
I thought about just going to the homepage and getting the latest version from there but the version offered there is 1.2.9 (?)

Any idea how I can get this update done?

Many thanks in advance

Any update on this issue?

I am having the same issue