RemNote 1.4 - the Redesign update is here for all Pro and Life-Long Learners!

What is the best way to roll back? My guess for process would be: 1) backup 2) fresh install of 1.3 then 3) re-import backup. I prefer 1.3 Desktop until (I hope) the preview-on-hover-in-Sidebar is available as a feature or hackable with CSS. I didn’t see a way to prevent updating in the Settings in 1.3 – perhaps I missed that.

1 Like

There was an option to toggle recieving beta channel updates for the desktop app in 1.3, it only updated upon enabling it.

Maybe try under the “desktop app” tab in the settings

Thanks – I think I was/am too late turning it off! Oh well.

Well the toggle is present in in the beta desktop app too. Maybe try turning it off, and then wait for it to downgrade/manually install the non-beta app.

I would also be very glad to have some kind of version control :slight_smile:

This update came by as a surprise for me, and the lack of tutorial videos makes it difficult to maintain my workflow.
This is probably because there was no adjustment period, so many users find it hard to get used to the newer version (even though it is indeed beautiful), because we just miss some things in the previous one.

This query might be misplaced here, I don’t know whether it would be appropriate to make a separate post for this.
I am unable to view the “Extra Card Detail” status of a rem. Is there anyway to do so? Earlier it would just show as a tag.

Disabled in the update, see

is there a change log for all the minor updates being made to 1.4?

For example I just updated to 1.4.10 but have no idea what the update fixed/changed.

There is only a Change Logs for 1.4.8, You can find it on Lastest Update => RemNote 1.4.8

YEYYY!!! this is soooooo coooool

1 Like

The update broke search for REMs on my Chrome (Version Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)). Neither the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+P nor the Search field work. I’m using the Electron Version for now but would like to keep using it on Chrome in the long term. If the version is too old to be supported I understand that but would prefer that Remnote refuses to load in an old version of Chrome.

Also, suddenly I have a lot of cards in my Queue that I never wanted because everytime I used an enumeration before (1., 2., 3., …), it now automatically created cards for that, which was not what I intended. My queue is cluttered with useless cards and I have stopped learning with Remnote since the update. Is there a way to disable this new “automatically create cards from list” feature again?

And generally, is there a way to roll back to the version before the update except cancelling my subscription?