Unpinned documents not removed from sidebar

First, what I can do:

• I can successfully use either the drop down menu or CTRL + Shift + * to change a document from “Pinned” back to “Draft” or from “Draft” to “Pinned”
  • I also see that when I change a document’s status to “Pinned”, the document shows up under the pinned section of the sidebar

What I can’t do

• When I change a document’s status to “Unpinned”, the document is not removed from the sidebar

I’ve asked about this in the questions section (here) thinking I might just be doing something wrong but so far I haven’t gotten any feedback so I’m starting to wonder if this is a bug

I’m running Ubuntu 20.04.1 and using the native app via the 1.1.13.Appimage file

It was mentioned that this was going to be fixed in 1.3.4 but this is still an issue for me

I’m copying this clarification from the other topic.

Do you also run into this issue in the Web App, in the Chrome browser? Or any other OS or Browser?

I’m seeing on both brave (with security shields down) and firefox

Could you try and see if the solution outlined here works for you?
While I agree that this shouldn’t be happening, maybe this is a fix for now.

@Karthikk - When you say solution, are you referring to the fix? At the moment, I’m still seeing the issue on 1.3.6

Sorry, didn’t paste the reference link. Try the solution tried in this thread

Got it. I tried refreshing the search portals but that didn’t seem to work. I’m not sure what you mean by the second part of those directions though. When you say: “If that doesn’t fix things, please try” … what should I try? Restoring the default search bar?

Yes. See if that helps and let us know. :slight_smile:

No dice : ( I also tried re-starting / re-loading after doing this.

Fwiw, the draft pages did disappear from the search portal results when I refreshed. But the sidebar itself remained unchanged.

To clarify again, when you unpin a document, it is still shown under the pinned section of the sidebar + in the results of the search portal?
And this happens to every document or just a few?

Exactly. When a doc was already in pinned status and showing up on the sidebar’s pinned section (and search portal results on sidebar page), changing the status to, say, draft does cause it to be removed from the search portal results for “pinned” but does not cause it to actually removed from the sidebar ui component’s pinned section.

I would say that I’ve noticed it on several and I haven’t yet found a situation where it does work (ie is successfully removed from the sidebar ui component).

that is indeed strange. Could you try this please:

1. Delete all the search portals
  2. Make new search portals for the Pinned and Draft references

THis might force the UI components to sync.

that did not seem to do it