Blank screen since 1.8 update

yes same for me still …

Same issue here, still hasn’t been resolved even after downloading and updating again

2 Likes

I was in the middle of a 3 hour class when it froze and started updating…
Debating dropping this platform all together if this is how updates are going to be.

5 Likes

y puedes abrir tus Rems??

Same here, both for web app and the macOS app.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Has anyone gone through this below thread ?
It is indicating that everyone can migrate their database by logging into new.remnote.com

June 2022 Update - RemNote 1.8 - RemNote / Announcements - RemNote

I logged into the site and the continuous syncing messages went away . I am not sure if we are all supposed to login onto the new website or continue on the old one… Any help and clarity from Remnote team will be helpful. I am tagging the author of the announcement for possible support @Karthikk

1 Like

yup same here, I’ve been stuck for a few hours

Oh I just saw this i’ll try it out

It works! Only for the web app though. My MacOS App is still stuck, but it’s better than nothing. My Mac app has a “reload and update button” above my stuck progress bar and it seems like whenever I click it, the app quits and the next time I open it it gets stuck on a white screen. It only goes away when I reinstall remnote. Just hoping that the remnote team can do something about the app situation too

+1 for infinite background jobs and syncing.
It works well in “new.remnote.com” But not working in remonte site and desktop app even if I finished my migration “new.remnote.com”.

Thanks for the tip! Looks like it’s partially working in https://new.remnote.com, except for the left sidebar which is still blank.

My situation is slightly different, since I guess I have a different configuration than most people.

• I use desktop app on Windows
  • I exclusively use Local Only knowledge base. Last year I lost a bunch of data after an update due to sync related issue, after that I never ever use the web version or let it sync ever again. I sort of expected problems like the one happening right now to many people.
  • when 1.8 hit, I was in class, on my laptop, using the desktop app. My work was not disrupted, nothing was lost, except for the notification “An update is downloading in the background. You can sync again once it is installed” now permanently hanging in the background.
    I can close RemNote and everything was saved, and open again and continue working where I left off. Only annoyance is the notification in the background. Initially I didn’t realize it is a problem at all and just thought it must be a big update since it’s still downloading after 12 hours :))
1 Like

doesnt work for me, now 500 of my new rems are in the trash and i have to restore them. wtf is going on with this app. i tried it 1 week ago and now it fails me completely

I found a workaround that may work for you.

As others already reported, first go to https://new.remnote.com. In my case, it loaded most of the data but not the left sidebar. Try to create a new folder using the button in the bottom left. In my case it caused the other folders in the left sidebar to appear again.

As for the desktop app, try finding one of your top-level folders using the search box, click “…” in the top right, and “change document status” to “pinned”. In my case, it caused the “pinned” folders to be visible in sidebar again. This has to be repeated for all of the top-level folders.

sadly doesnt work for me. the new.remnote hasnt made my new data actual, it has 500 of my rems in the trash, which i have to restore. Extreme BS

1 Like

That really sucks, I hope remnote will fix this somehow. I also have a few rems deleted but its nowhere as bad as yours. I’d literally rather wish they never release updates from now on just so we don’t have to deal with this crap

1 Like

the web app is working for me now. However, all the rems in my documents are in some random and wrong order. Same with my extra card details on my flash cards. So much for being well organized! :smiley: Very annoying…

1 Like

Same here.

On website, where I actually work

On tablet / new.remnote / desktop app

Apparently all my rems are complete. no data loss. But they don’t appear listed on the “All notes” section. Also on the left side bar they are listed differently across my devices.

Also syncing across devices doesn’t work. It’s worst than before. Not even a single change in 1 character is synced across devices

2 Likes

You guys can still use remnote on the website browser you know that right? The desktop app isn’t working on my mac but its working well just on the internet browser (im using it on chrome).

Please email support at support@remnote.com if you can’t get into the app at all (try the web version first), otherwise see the soluton post in Cannot Sync(Desktop&website)